Trap, Neuter & Return Program
For more than a decade HSNT has had a TNR program to help reduce the feral cat population.
This program is only available with YOUR help!
- TNR surgeries are done on the first and last Tuesday of each month (with a few exceptions where we need the surgery space for adoption specials).
- This program is for FERAL cats only. This means that the cat should not be able to be picked up or handled as a typical domesticated cat. If at intake, a cat is clearly friendly and is not feral, we will give you other options, including a SNYP coupon, our voucher program, other low cost surgery clinics, or any other alternatives we may have. If the cat is released for surgery and then later found to be a domesticated cat – the cat CAN NOT be returned to you. Any domesticated cats that are realized will be immediately admitted, evaluate, and held as a stray cat and only returned to someone with proof of ownership. If no owner is found the animal may be placed for adoption depending on the health of the animal and space available.
- All cats are to be in an approved humane trap and only one cat per trap. These two simple steps helps HSNT ensure the safety of the cat and staff. The trap must clearly be labeled with the caretaker’s last name and phone number. Cats in carriers will not be accepted.
- The program fee is $15.00 per cat, with a limit of three cats per caretaker. This fee will include a rabies vaccine and tipping the ear of the cat to aid in the identification of the sterilization.
- Drop off time is between 7:30am and 9am. After 9am, all HSNT in-house surgeries are pulled for that day and space is no longer available. On rare occasions cats must be turned away based purely on quantity. As you know, it is difficult to predict the success of trapping efforts and therefore scheduling these surgeries is near impossible. Thus, all TNR surgeries are on a first come first served basis.
- HSNT receives no city, state, or federal funding for this program. Any donation you can make – helps!
- For more information on this program please call 817-332-4768 *112.
The Humane Society of North Texas (HSNT) is a non-profit organization serving Tarrant and surrounding counties since 1905. We are supported solely by tax deductible donations and do not receive funding from county, state or federal entities, nor are we subsidized by any other organization. Your support allows us to continue to provide for the well-being of the animals, investigate animal cruelty, relieve suffering and care for the animals in need every year.